I am not a big fan of baking but I do love my afternoon tea accompanied by a slice of tea cake. This recipe – adapted from Dorie Greenspan – has become one of my favorites.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup pastry flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 7 Tbsp. butter, melted and cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup evaporated cane juice
- 2 Tbsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Butter a 9”x5” loaf pan.
- Combine hazelnut flour, pastry flour, corn flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Combine olive oil and melted butter in another bowl.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs and sugar until light and thick. Add lemon zest and juice.
- Add dry ingredients to egg and sugar mixture and mix until just combined. Then add olive oil and butter mixture. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake 60 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.