Ever since my husband became vegetarian, I’ve been experimenting with different dishes to make sure that he gets enough protein. This dish is filling and delicious accompanied by a light green salad.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 4 oz. Gorgonzola cheese (creamy is preferable), cut in to small pieces
- 2lbs. kale, washed
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. dill, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 cup farro, cooked
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9”x13” baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, combine the heavy cream, mascarpone and Gorgonzola. Cook over low heat until cheeses melt. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Cook the kale in boiling salted water until wilted, 3-4 minutes. Rinse under cold water, squeeze out the excess water then chop.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. When hot, add the kale, scallions, garlic, dill and parsley. Saute until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach mixture, farro and heavy cream. Mix well. Pour into baking dish.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.