This is a nice twist on the classic hamburger.
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 lb. ground beef or lamb
- 1 green chile, seeded and chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 6-8 whole wheat pita or naan breads (optional)
- Mango chutney, for serving
- Heat the oven to 250°F.
- Combine beef (or lamb) and next six ingredients in a bowl. Mix well.
- Form the mixture into 6 to 8 large patties.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. When hot, add the patties in batches, if necessary) and cook 3-4 minutes per side. Alternatively, heat a gas grill and grill hamburgers 3-4 minutes per side.
- In the meantime, warm the pita or naan breads (if using) in the oven for 3-5 minutes.
- Place patties on the breads, top with mango chutney, and serve.