This soup is perfect for the cooler weather ahead.
- 2 Tbsp. organic, unsalted butter
- 6 shallots, halved
- 6 small turnips, cleaned and quartered
- 4 medium kohlrabi, peeled and quartered
- 2 thyme sprigs
- 6-8 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1lb. frozen peas
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale, chard or spinach (optional)
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche
- Melt the butter in a large pot. Add the shallots, turnips, kohlrabi and thyme. Sauté until very lightly browned.
- Add the stock to cover the vegetables and the salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, cover and lower heat.
- Cook until all the vegetables are tender 20-25 minutes. Add the peas and kale, chard or spinach, if using, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until peas are cooked and greens are wilted.
- Let soup cool slightly then puree in a blender.
- Return soup to pot and add crème fraîche. Serve warm.