Makes 30 medium truffles
- 8 oz. organic heavy cream
- 10 oz. organic bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 oz. organic butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 oz. brandy, whisky or other liqueur (optional)
- Organic cocoa powder
- Organic pistachios, chopped
- Organic unsweetened, shredded coconut (optional)
- In a saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Remove from heat and add chopped chocolate. Stir until melted.
- Stir in butter until melted, then stir in liqueur (if using).
- Strain mixture into a bowl and cool to room temperature. Refrigerate overnight.
- Using a spoon or melon-baller, scrape mixture into 30 medium-sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Sift cocoa onto a plate. Roll truffles in cocoa and round them into small balls.
Repeat process with chopped pistachios or shredded coconut (if using).