The Roquefort cheese adds a nice twist to this salad
of bitter greens.
For the salad
- 3-4 oz. pea shoots
- 1 bunch watercress, leaves trimmed and stems removed
- 2 medium endives, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled Roquefort
For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup first-cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk until fully emulsified.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss well. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving so dressing can be absorbed.