For the dressing
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 8 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Freshly-ground black pepper
For the salad
- 8 oz. halloumi cheese
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1lb. purslane leaves and tender sprigs
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup green olives
Make the dressing
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until combined
Make the salad
- Slice halloumi cheese into 1/4″ slices.
- Heat the olive oil in a small sauté pan. Sauté halloumi cheese until golden brown, 3-4 minutes per side. Let cool and slice into thin strips.
- Combine halloumi cheese with remaining salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with salad dressing and allow to sit for 20-30 minutes before serving.