Yield 30 Balls
- 1 cup SunButter® (sunflower butter) or almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. organic unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup hazelnut or almond flour
- Combine the SunButter® or almond butter, maple syrup, and cocoa powder in a medium bowl and mix until well combined. Add the cherries, 1/4 cup of the shredded coconut, and the chocolate chips, and mix well.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until firm enough to roll.
- Put the remaining 1/2 cup shredded coconut, the sesame seeds, and hazelnut or almond flour into 3 separate bowls. Scoop small balls of the SunButter® mixture and roll into 1” balls.
- Roll 1/3 of the balls in the coconut, 1/3 in the sesame seeds and 1/3 in the hazelnut or almond flour. Set the rolled balls on a tray or airtight container.
- Refrigerate the balls for another 30 minutes and then serve. Store the balls in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Adapted from The Whole Foods Market Cookbook (Clarkson Potter, 2002)